We are getting ready for the winter birds next week during our PA day camp. Campers will learn how to make suet as a steady source of winter food for our colourful winter birds. We will spend lots of time outside in the woods looking for materials to build our feeders while catching glimpses of birds busily preparing for winter. To keep us well nourished for the day, campers will help build a buffet of veggies, grains and protein to create their own unique power bowls for lunch. Campers will practice their knife skills while we chop and mince our fresh veggies, garlic and ginger. We will learn to make two kinds of sauces for our bowls to satisfy different taste preferences. Campers will have the choice to eat their bowls raw or slightly sautéed. If we have time we will roast some homemade bannock over the campfire as a special warm up treat at the end of a cool late fall day.
When: Friday, November 24th
- Complete the registration form (one per child),
- Email to Diana@EatGrowPlay.ca,
- Provide a down payment of 50% to hold a space. The remaining 50% is due on the first day of camp. Please note that a guaranteed space cannot be held until payment is verified. Payment can be made in one of three ways:
- E transfer to Diana@EatGrowPlay.ca
- Cash or cheque (made payable to Diana Steadman) mail or drop off at 35 Stonewalk Dr; Kemptville, ON; K0G 1J0. Please contact Diana to arrange a drop off time if cash is involved.
- Paypal – email Diana@EatGrowPlay.ca to request a PayPal invoice (PayPal fees apply)