Cooking and Yoga Workshop
Brought to you by Diana Steadman of Eat Grow Play and Alisha M. Rexford of Om Metta Yogi
Friday, December 29 from 6 to 9pm
35 Stonewalk Dr, Kemptville, ON
This workshop will take you on a sensational journey, combining yoga and cooking classes into one. Come with friends or enjoy a chance to make new ones as you unwind around the kitchen Island. Decompress and fully immerse yourself in the smells of chutney simmering and phyllo bundled delights baking in the background, while enjoying a gentle yoga session to refresh the mind, body and digestive system from the chaos of the holidays. Leave the workshop relaxed and ready for your New Year’s Eve celebration with with an ad-on option to take home your very own box of ‘ready to bake’ phyllo appetizers.
What you can expect:
- Learn how to cook simple, nutritious and appetizing vegetarian fare:
- This workshop features two Phyllo Bundle variations including a sweet cranberry chutney cheddar filling and a savory basil, sundried tomato and cashew cheese filling
- A hands on, small group cooking class, demonstrating: pastry techniques, basic knife skills, and combining and enhancing flavours
- A balanced gentle yoga practice and full body tune up, using simple foundational postures, movements, and breath work to:
- Alleviate body stiffness
- Increase range of motion and lubricate joints
- Stimulate circulation and promote digestive health
- Blend both passive and active stretching to strengthen and lengthen muscle fibers
- Calm the central nervous system
- Chance to mix and mingle with new friends while enjoying your handmade appetizers and other light snacks
$65 per person
$125 per duo
(Add-on option – bring home a box of 2 dozen phyllo appetizers for your New Year’s festivities -$10)
Register in two easy online steps
- Complete the registration form and submit to Diana@EatGrowPlay.ca
- The form is fillable electronically. Simply complete and return a saved copy.
- Wait to hear back from Diana to confirm you have a space. (spaces limited to 6)
- Send payment by etransfer to Diana@EatGrowPlay.ca
- Additional payment options are available – contact Diana to arrange
Interested in this workshop but can’t make the date?
Subscribe to our mailing list for information about future dates
Got a group of friends who want to book a workshop?
Contact us arrange your own private date
Allow us to guide you on this sensational journey
Diana and Alisha have fused their love of yoga, simple living, growing their own food, and cooking for those they love. They are looking forward to uniting their common and unique strengths to provide a versatile set of workshops exploring holistic practices such as yoga, meditation, cooking, baking, canning, gardening and other growing and healthy living skills.
Although we will be the ones leading these exciting new ventures, there is likely to be a mutual exchange of information being passed in both directions (us to you, and you to us). We firmly believe this is the best way to learn, grow, and engage with one another on this shared journey. We have much to learn from each other! We hope you will join us on this path to well being.