This salad is bursting with the bright flavours of lemon, mango and coconut. The dressing is lightened up using silken tofu. By slicing the kale thinly and massaging the dressing onto the greens it allows the kale to soften and absorb the lemon flavour. If you are looking for a dish to brighten your winter blahs serve this tonight.
- 3/4 cup silken/soft tofu, drained
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp honey
- few scrapes of lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and thinly sliced
- 2-3 cups shredded coleslaw mix with broccoli
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- In a blender or using an immersion blender, blend together all ingredients except chia seeds.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in chia seeds. You will not need all this dressing for this salad. You can store the leftover dressing in the fridge for 1 week.
- Place kale and dressing in a large bowl and massage with hands until kale is nicely covered.
- Top the salad with remaining ingredients and toss lightly.
- The salad can be enjoyed right away but it will taste best after the kale has marinated for 1-2 hours.
- Leftover salad is great the next day and can be kept in the fridge for 2-3 days.