Vanilla and Maple Chia Pudding with Peanut Butter, Cinnamon and Honey Granola
We started off our Family Day holiday by hosting brunch with a bunch of our wonderful neighbourhood friends. As a potluck affair, we ended up with a kitchen island full of amazing, colourful and flavourful dishes. This chia pudding and granola mix was a hit with the crowd. Serve yours with your favourite fruit and maybe even some chopped dark chocolate for your next special occasion breakfast.
Chia Seed Pudding
If you haven’t tried chia pudding yet what are you waiting for? I know, I know it sounds and looks a little weird. Or at least that’s what I thought the first time someone gave me some. But wow! This is one of those dishes that if you have been holding out on you are going to be delightfully surprised. It’s a super food that tastes yummy and the best part is that it takes literally two minutes to whip up.
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups milk (substitute non-dairy milk of your choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3-6 tbsp maple syrup, to taste
- In medium bowl wish together all ingredients.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes and remix. You could use a mason jar or resealable container and give your pudding mix a shake as it’s thickening to help prevent clumping.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight to allow pudding to thicken.
- Serve chilled.
Peanut Butter, Cinnamon and Honey Granola
- 3 cups large flake oats
- ½ cup coconut flakes – unsweetened
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- ½ c honey
- 1/3 c PB
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- Simmer peanut butter, honey and cinnamon over medium heat in a pot for 2 minutes
- Mix oats and remaining dry ingredients in a large bowl. Reserve the raisins until after the granola is cooked.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the oats and mix thoroughly.
- Spread onto a lightly greased or parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 350 F oven for 10 minutes.
- Turn the granola and continue cooking in a 300 F oven for 20 minutes turning one more time.
- Allow to cool.
- Mix in raisins.
- Store in an airtight container for 2-3 weeks.